why is AirDye® important?
Why for the world?
AirDye® technology, from Colorep®, Inc., a California-based sustainable technology company, is a solution our planet needs today and for many tomorrows.
- Does not pollute water in the color application process. By using air instead of water to convey dye, no hazardous waste is emitted and no water wasted.
- Greatly reduces energy requirements, therefore lowering costs, and satisfying the strictest standards of global responsibility.
- Does not use boilers, screen printing machines, drying ovens, or cleaning and scouring chemicals, thereby eliminating major sources of pollution.
- Eliminates water in the color application step and simplifies the process, creating revolutionary possibilities of new industry and employment in unfarmable, arid regions of the world.
- Gives consumers a way to choose style and sustainability at a realistic price at the point of purchase, thereby initiating world change.
Why for business?
Business today must achieve high quality, lower costs, competitive practices, and meet customer demand for environmentally responsible products that are attractive.
- Is easy to specify, reduces cost, offers beauty and quality, and reduces environmental impact.
- Offers style without sacrifice. There is no dye-lot variation, no post-dye washing or treatments, and no minimum quantity.
- Offers exciting new options:
- AirDye Solids dyes fabric a single color.
- AirDye Singles prints one side of fabric while leaving the other side undyed.
- AirDye Wovens simulates dyed woven jacquard and dobby weave.
- AirDye Contrast dyes opposite sides of fabric two different colors.
- Print-to-Solid prints one side of fabric and dyes the other.
- AirDye Imprints dyes or prints an image or logo on fabric. Imprints can be printed during the dye process in a single step.
- Print-Contrast prints opposite sides of fabric with different designs.
- Print-Squared prints opposite sides of fabric with the same design.